I am a slight Spotify addict. I take great pride in my playlists, despite many of them overlapping, but I love them all like they were my children. And every few months, I go through and do a revamping of my entire Spotify: I change the playlist names, covers and descriptions to fit a new aesthetic until I find one that I like.
And I think that this time, I am so in love with the aesthetic I've created, that I wanted to share it with the world.
So! Here it is. A grand list of my playlists (with pictures) and my top three (current) favorite songs from each.
(Also! Feel free to follow my Spotify by clicking here or by searching for 'Katherine McCafferty' or 'katherinebooks924')
1. in a whole mood
basically: a big jumble of the songs I currently have on repeat
description: "it's not about you, move along"
3. "Kings & Queens" by Ava Max
2. "I Forgot Where We First Kissed" by Sadie Anderson
1. "Lost on You" by LP
2. in love (with me)
basically: a lot of girl power songs
description: "damn i'm cute"
3. "Mint" by Qveen Herby
2. "Karma" by Alicia Keys
1. "Survivor" by Destiny's Child
3. in love (with him)
basically: a lot of love songs
description: "damn he's cute"
3. "FOOLISH" by Meghan Trainor
2. "Marry You" by Bruno Mars
1. "Lovebug" by the Jonas Brothers (this will always be a great song, no one @ me)
4. in the car
basically: a mix of normal person music & showtunes to shuffle when I'm driving
description: "don't snap and drive"
3. "Whatever We Feel" by Sammy Rae
2. "Another Day of Sun" from La La Land
1. "Lash Out" by Alice Merton
5. on the dance floor
basically: songs that are fun to dance to
description: "don't evacuate it tho"
3. "Better in Color" by Lizzo
2. "Dance Monkey" by Tones And I
1. "Genetics" by Mehan Trainor ft. The Pussycat Dolls
6. in the morning
basically: songs that get me pumped when I'm getting ready in the morning
description: ""rise and shine" - our lord and savior kylie jenner"
3. "Physical" by Dua Lipa
2. "Water Me" by Lizzo
1. "Diva" by Beyonce
7. on the stage
basically: a lot of showtunes
description: "do u think i have enough showtunes, be honest"
3. "When You're Good to Mama" from Chicago by Queen Latifah
2. "Watch What Happens" from Newsies by Kara Lindsey
1. "Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Could Never Rescue You" from The Last Five Years by Jeremy Jordan and Anna Kendrick
8. in the gym
basically: songs to get me pumped when I'm working out
description: "let's get absolutely jacked dude"
3. "DNA." by Kendrick Lamar
2. "Partition" by Beyonce
1. "Godzilla" by Eminem ft. Juice WRLD
9. on the treadmill
basically: songs with a good beat for me to run to
description: "pls be able to run a mile without passing out eventually"
3. "Worldwide Choppers" by Tech N9ne
2. "I'm Out" by Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
1. "Talk That Talk" by Rihanna ft. Jay-Z
10. in the country
basically: a bunch of my favorite country songs
description: "kill your husband and drink your weight in luke bryan songs"
3. "Love You Like I Used To" by Russell Dickerson
2. "Flat on the Floor" by Carrie Underwood
1. "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" by Luke Bryan
11. in the heart
basically: a bunch of songs that either a) give me goosebumps and/or b) are fun to sing along to, very loudly
description: "eat your heart out luv"
3. "I Will Be There" by James Barbour ft. Morgan James
2. "Unworthy of Your Love" by Ben Platt ft. Zoey Deutch
1. "Shallow" by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
12. in the zone
basically: instrumental songs that are good to write or study to
description: "either writing or studying or enjoying not listening to people's voices"
3. "Entr'acte/Wolf Chase" from Beauty and the Beast: The Musical, by Alan Menken
2. "The Phoenix" by Lindsey Stirling
1. "River Flows in You" by Yiruma
13. in the carpool
basically: a lot of songs I used to put on during my hour-long commute to the Utah State Capitol with my little carpool group
description: "essentially songs i can play in front of a bunch of guys and not be too embarrassed (emphasis on 'too')"
3. "Vienna" (the cover) by Ben Platt
2. "Freaking Me Out" by Ava Max
1. "my boy" by Billie Eilish
14. on the white horse
basically: all my favorite Taylor Swift songs
description: "the boppiest of bops from our lord and savior taylor swift"
3. "False God" by Taylor Swift
2. "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift
1. "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift
15. in the moulin rouge
basically: all my favorite Aaron Tveit songs
description: "aaron tveit will always be the love of my life frfr"
3. "One Song Glory" by Aaron Tveit
2. "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge! The Musical, by Aaron Tveit and Karen Olivio
1. "Run Away with Me" by Aaron Tveit (also my all-time favorite song, like ever)
16. on a sunday morning
basically: songs that I like to listen to on Sundays (i.e., spiritual and/or calming songs for me)
description: "be still and know that I am God"
3. "All'Improvviso Amore" by Josh Groban
2. "Be Still" by Hilary Weeks
1. "The Prayer" by Josh Groban ft. Charlotte Church